By M.A. Egge
The President of the Republic of Somaliland H.E. Musa Bihi Abdi on has sacked four cabinet ministers in a cabinet reshuffle he made on Tuesday that also saw new faces and several transfers within the council of ministers.
The ministry of livestock and fisheries has been divided to have the livestock sector separated from the fisheries and marine development and reverted to its former shelf.
The ministers that were sacked are Abdiqadir Iman Warsame of Agriculture, Dr. Abdillahi Sh. Abdillahi Sufi of Communications and technology, Sh. Abdirizaq Hussein Ali Albani of Religion and Endowment and Abdi Osman Abdulle Degoweyne, investments.
A press release by the Presidency that directed the changes that also had some ministers swap positions had the list of the new officials as follows:-
- Ahmed Yusuf Idris Awale- Minister of Communications and Technology.
- Ahmed Adan Ahmed Buxane- Minister of Education and Science.
- Ahmed Mohamed Diriye Egge -Minister of Planning and National Development.
- Abdirisaq Ibrahim Mohamed Farah- Minister of Investment Development.
- Ali Hassan Mohamed Jama -Minister of Information, Awareness and Culture.
- Saleban Yusuf Ali Koore- Minister of Water Development.
- Mohamed Haji Adan Elmi Mohamud -Minister of Religion and Endowments.
- Abdinasir Muhammed Hassan Buuni- Minister of the Ministry of Assembly Relations and Constitutional Affairs.
- Raabi Abdi Mohamed Mohamud -Minister of Fisheries and Coastal Development.
- Suleiman Awad Ali Bukhari- Minister of Transport and Road Development.
- Ahmed Mohamed Habbane- Minister of Agriculture Development